Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Mascara in Smoky Eyes (£7.99 from Boots).
After finishing my beloved Soap & Glory Thick & Fast mascara and some Chanel sample mascaras I decided to take the plunge and give another mascara a go. This was on offer in Tesco for £6 so I thought I'd check it out- I've never used a Maybelline mascara before but my mum uses the Colossal Flasies one (she literally only wears mascara) and likes it. Can I just comment on what an insanely long name this mascara has?! That's what you get when you re-hash the same mascara 8million times Maybelline! I actually quite like the yellow packaging with the smoky pattern on the lid. I've said before that I only like mascara brushes with actual bristles rather than plastic combs or rubbery nodules. I was impressed by the size and shape of the brush on this mascara as it is similar to some of my favourite mascaras.
The formula of this mascara is quite thin compared to the Thick & Fast mascara. The brush separates and coats the lashes well with the main benefit of lengthening the lashes. I like a mascara to give me length, fullness and definition of the lashes; unfortunately, this mascara only gives length leaving my lashes looking quite thin. I'd say, for my tastes, this mascara is great for a more 'natural' or work look but I'll be sticking to the S&G mascara for my everyday, false-lash look. Have you tried any Maybelline mascaras?
No comments:
Post a Comment