I'm going to share with you my current Skincare routine- it's changed a lot recently as I've been trying out some cheaper alternatives to my previously all-Clinique regime. I don't really have seperate morning and night routines I mostly use the same products whatever time of day. I've got oily skin with the occasional blemish but my main problems are clogged up pores, shine and redness. Here's what I use to fight the good fight.
Cleanse, exfoliate and tone:
I know bloggers say they cleanse, tone and moisturise with different products morning and night but, well I don't. I'm just being totally honest- I'm lazy and it's hard enough to get me to cleanse once a day never mind twice! So recently I've been using and loving the L'oreal Skin Perfection Purifying Gel Wash I use it at the end of the day (which atm is around 8.30am as I'm working nights) to take off my makeup. It foams up really nicely and does the job of getting rid of makeup and makes my skin feel really soft. I actually use the Spa Cleansing Eye Makeup Remover Pads as the cleanser doesn't work very well on my eye makeup. They're about 69p for two packets each with 30 pads in from Home Bargains. Then I use the Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pore and Shine Daily Scrub (err, mouthful!) to exfoliate, it's soft enough to use everyday but still does the job! Then occasionally, I use the Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3 for Oily/Combination skin; I say occasionally because it smells really alcoholy and I don't like the thought of it being harsh on my skin. Also, I'm really lazy! I remember really liking the Lush Tea Tree toner so I might dig that out and give it a try.
Moisturisers and Masks:
I've recently rediscovered the Superdrug Simply Pure Oil Balancing Serum when I sorted out my product storage. It's really good at Mattifying the skin but it can be drying on normal/dry skin patches so I just use it on my T-zone. I'm currently trying out the L'oreal Triple Active Anti-Shine Moisturiser but I'm preferring to use it before bed as it's a bit thicker and more hydrating than the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion which is lovely and light but I'm not sure it particularly combats shine or oil production. Then I use the B. Energised Eye Cream which is a gel rather than a heavy cream; it's nothing special but I like that it doesn't feel heavy or greasy on my eyelids. I'm actually trying out a new eye cream at the moment which I'll review soon! Finally, I use the Soap & Glory Fab Pore Hot Cloth Cleanser as a mask every fortnight, it's just a nice treat to put on and deep clean your skin. I also love that it turns blue haha!
So there you have my Skincare routine. It's a bit of a work in progress at the minute so any affordable recommendations for oily skin are most welcome! Thanks for stopping by x




No comments:
Post a Comment