"Celebrating the best of British design and manufacturing, the Best of British capsule collection is synonymous with quality and innovation, supporting homegrown talent and expertise" - Marks & Spencer.
On Monday I visited my local M&S with my boyfriends mum and stumbled upon the Best of British collection. I was drawn in by the high-end feel of the clothes in this section and the accessories looked super luxurious. I say stumbled upon, because I've never heard of this collection before nor seen anyone mention it in the blogosphere. After doing some interweb research, I discovered that the Best of British capsule collection was launched last AW season and that next season's offerings were suwon at LFW only last week.
All of the items in the collection are designed and manufactured in Britain, celebrating our long history of manufacturing and being a major fashion capital of the world. Because of this, the items are a little bit on the pricey side but I guess the point is is that you're paying for quality products made in Britain by British people. The SS14 capsule collection features beautifully tailored coats, super shift dresses and more in a wonderfully fresh palette of blues and white. What I'm most excited about in this collection are the accessories! There are stunning cuffs a la designers like Hermes and Mulberry, featuring unique colour combos of black and colbalt blue or pink and brown. To go with these are matching skinny belts- both are reasonably priced I may add- and a stunning collection of hand made shoes including brogues and chelsea boots. However, I've fallen for the glorious handbag collection especially this g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s baby blue leather satchel bag. So much so, I handed M&S over the most money I've ever spent on an item for myself. Yes, I bought it. And I am in love.
This collection is beautifully masculine whilst being utterly feminine and SS appropriate. Prices start from a mega reasonable £19.50 (cuffs and belts) to an eye-watering £349 (leather jacket) so there's something for everyone. And can I just point out that the men's collection is divine and very mod-inspired. This collection is truly designer meets the high street and I can't wait to see the AW14 collection hit the stores! What do you think? Let me know, thanks for stopping by x




No comments:
Post a Comment