Sunday, 2 February 2014

Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Oily/Combination Skin.






Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Oily/Combination Skin in 150 Buff (£12.49, currently £9.49 in Superdrug).

I've recently been watching YouTube videos about the 'best foundations for oily skin' and every time this product has come up. Luckily for little me it was on offer in Superdrug with £3 off so that deffo sealed the deal! Revlon Colorstay Foundation is available in two formulas- one for Dry/Normal skin with a dewy finish and this one for Oily/Combination skin with a matte finish. There are around 9 shades available in this foundation which it's super impressive for a high street brand! Normally I buy the palest shade but 100 Ivory was too pale for me but will be perfect for fair skinned girls. As you can see from the swatch, 120 Buff is the perfect shade for me and not a hint of orange in sight!

This foundation is really thick so when applying I try to put a light layer all over my face first then I build up coverage on my problem areas, using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. It blends flawlessly over pores, redness and blemishes.i can't tell you how impressed I am at the staying power of this foundation. After doing 12hr night shifts (so around 14/15hr wear time), it hasn't budged an inch and I haven't got any shine coming through whatsoever without any touch ups!!! I think some people may find this foundation too thick and potentially 'cakey' but for my oily skin it's perfect. This definitely provides full coverage so probs won't be great in the summer (if we ever have one) but despite that this is definitely a Holy Grail product for me, and I don't use that term lightly

BUT, and that's a big but, I hate hate hate the packaging. Why in God's name would you make a foundation this thick without a pump?!?!? It's not so bad on products like the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation because that's runny and comes out really easily; but the Colorstay Oily/Combination foundation is super thick and just doesn't move. Like I can literally hold the bottle upside down with no lid on and it doesn't come out! I either have to scoop some out or whack it on the end like a ketchup bottle ANNOYING! However, it doesn't stop me from loving this product, I just wish I could get to it more easily!

Have you tried the Colorstay foundations? I'd 100% recommend this for oily skinned ladies! Let me know what you think. Thanks for stopping by x




2 comments:

  1. This is the best foundation I've ever used. It sucks they don't do a pump but I'm sure it'll increase in price or something haha. The oily/combo one is the best one. I actually tried the dry/normal one by accident and it was pretty bad. Extremely dry and harder to blend.

    When the product would start to run out.. used to flip it upside down until I needed to get some out. It's just so thick haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man I love this foundation sooooooooo much! I don't get how it would make it more expensive though cause cheaper brands like Rimmel have pump foundations :s oh no, I glad you got the right one in themed! Maybe they shouldn't have made the packaging so similar! Thanks for the tip! Xx

      Delete