In honor of me having my make done at Chanel next Saturday, I thought I'd share with you my Chanel nail varnish collection. It's not a massive collection but they're like my prized possessions as they're so special and quite pricey. I think I've only bought two myself and the rest have been gifts, lucky me! Let's go through them...
509 Paradoxal- this was my first ever Chanel nail varnish, I actually went on the waiting list for this because it is so stunning. I've still never seen a nail varnish like it so it's definitely worth the price tag in my eyes as it's so unusual. It's a beautiful mauve grey with an electric lilac metallic shimmer running through it that definitely shows on the nails. LOVE.
08 Pirate- my wonderful boyfriend bought me this one Christmas along with a matching red lipstick and lipgloss which he chose by himself which I was super impressed with! It's the most beautiful classic red shade that makes me think of 50s Hollywood glamour. It makes even my stubby nails look glam.
571 Fracas- I think this was a limited editin shade that came out either last SS or the one before. It's a lovely coral pink and I love wearing this on my toes.
583 Taboo- this is another totally unique shade that I've never seen replicated anywhere else. It's a dark purple base with firey red and purple metallic shimmer running through it. I love wearing this in the winter and I actually wore it on Christmas Day this year.
513 Black Pearl- my boyfriend's mum bought me this for Christmas (she introduced me to Chanel makeup) and I feel awful because I've not worn it yet!! Sorry! It's pretty much perfectly described by its name- if you've ever seen a black peal (on TV of course) then you'll know what I mean.
So there you have my collection. They're massively expensive but they're a super nice treat.i try and buy shades that I can't find anywhere else to justify spending that amount of money on nail varnish. I find they go on really smoothly and the non-metallic colours have that gel-like shine to their finish.they last pretty well as far as nail varnishes go, but I'm dead heavy handed so no nail varnish lasts more than two days on me without chipping! I'll have a look out on Saturday for a new one and I'll let you know if I succumb! What's your favourite unusual nail varnish? Thanks for stopping by x







omg taboo is SO pretty, and I've always wanted Black Pearl, but I can't find it anywhere. Must be discontinued :(
ReplyDeleteBlack Pearl I think sells out everywhere... gorgeous colour
ReplyDeletehttp://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.co.uk/