Thursday, 25 September 2014

Topshop The Foundation.







Topshop The Foundation in shade 1.0 (£16, Topshop).

Oh my gosh, Topshop have launched a foundation!!!! Is anyone else as excited as I am?! I couldn't wait to get my hands on this and bought it as soon as I saw it in store. It's available in five shades which are named numerically, I've gone for shade 1 which is the lightest shade. Five shades is obviously fairly limited but it does cover fair medium and deep skin tones. Hopefully they'll expand the shade range in the future.

Can we just stop and admire the packaging. Oh wow. Firstly, I love the frosted glass bottle- I think it's so classy looking. Second, I love the pipet style applicator- it's so unusual and it allows control over how much you dispense. In the bottle, shade 1.0 looks quite dark but on application is does seem to adapt to your skin tone to an extent. Having said that it is probably the darkest shade I feel comfortable wearing on my face! The texture of this foundation is something else! It reminds me of a thicker version of the L'oreal Eau de Tient although I didn't like that foundation itself! It's got a lovely velvety lightweight finish and texture whilst giving a medium coverage. It has a matte velvety finish that covers my pores and doesn't let shine through all day. Overall I'm super impressed with this foundation! I think £16 is a reasonable price considering the quality of the packaging and the product itself. Let me know if you fancy trying this foundation! Thanks for stopping by x

1 comment:

  1. I'm really tempted to try this after your review but am really surprised about the price as I've always considered Topshop as a drug storey brand and thats nearly MAC prices!!

    http://champagnelambrinibudget.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete