Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Maybelline Mega Plush Volum' Express Mascara.



Maybelline Mega Plush Volum' Express Mascara (£7.99 from Superdrug). 

Although Soap & Glory Thick & Fast Mascara is my favourite mascara of all times, I go through phases of trying other mascaras out. I went through a period of using the Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Smoky Eyes Mascara which I remember liking, but not being blown away by it. However, when I saw this teal and pink packaging and super bristley brush, I was lured in once again! 

The USP (unique selling point) of this particular incarnation of the Volum' Express mascara is that the Mega Plush formula is their first ever Gel Mousse Mascara which gives volume without being hard or stiff. It also has a flexibrush- basically the brush joins the wand via a rubber joint (think of it like a flexi elbow) giving greater flexibility and control. I think this foundation does exactly what it says on the tin: it gives the lashes a flexible holding coverage which doesn't flake, harden or dry-out the lashes. It's super easy to apply with the large bristle brush and flexibrush and it's also really easy to remove with your everyday eye makeup remover. 

I've found that this mascara makes my lashes look longer and more curled but I don't find it particularly volumising. I've actually been wearing this for work as it doesn't irritate my eyes or make them feel heavy as the day goes on. Also, it gives a wide-eyed look without making me look like I'm wearing false lashes or I'm ready to party. All-in-all, it's a great everyday mascara and well worth a try.

In a nutshell: Super soft non-drying mascara with a crazy bendy brush which gives a super lengthened wide-eyed look.

2 comments:

  1. I have the Falsies one, how would you compare both, in case you have the falsies one too :P I find mine sometimes clumps, but it must be the way that I apply it..

    Just followed you, and I hope you can follow me back too, I'm only starting out and it will make my day! Isabel's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never used the falsies one I'm afraid! I've found this one doesn't really clump tbh. I find it isn't as thick as other mascara formulas so you might like this one for a change. I'll deffo check out your blog! xx

      Delete