Saturday, 4 May 2013

Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya.




Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya (£7.99 from Boots). 

My initial thoughts on the Revlon Lip Butters were that they provided minimal colour with an initially moisturising formula that soon dried out my already dry lips (you can see my original review here). I honestly didn't get what all the hype was about, I thought they were massively overrated. I went a real long time without even thinking about giving them another go, but then my fella's mam bought one and loved it and my curiosity was reignited. I decided that maybe my expectations of the Lip Butters was all wrong- I was looking for high intensity colour with a lasting finish. But this product has never claimed to do such a thing- they claim to be a lightly pigmented moisturising lip balm/lipstick hybrid. Once I'd got this into my head, me and the Lip Butters got a long just fine.

Juicy Papaya gives a pretty coral finish to the lips whilst being super moisturising and softening. I still, however, stand by my original observation that you do have to reapply this product throughout the day for both colour and moisture top-ups. Having said all that, I do find myself reaching for this product because it's super easy to wear, whatever condition my lips are in. Overall, I really like this product, despite my initial disliking and this has become a handbag favourite of mine.

In a nutshell: this Lip Butter is a super summery coral shade but will need reapplying throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment