Saturday, 25 May 2013

Clinique Skincare Challenge- Update #1.

Clinique Custom-Fit 3-Step Skincare System for Oily Skin (£20).

So I took on the Clinique Skincare Challenge and I went back to Clinique for my 'check up' this week and thought I'd let you know how I've been getting on. I must admit, this is the most disciplined I've ever been with my skincare routine; removing my make up with a cleanser every night, then using my custom 3-Step routine. So, has it worked for me? Yesyesyes! The Gel Cleanser (not part of this set) is great for melting away all my make up whilst leaving my skin mattified and dirt-free. I then use the Liquid Facial Soap for Oily Combination Skin to further clean my skin. This lathers up really nice just like a bar of soap would and really refreshed the skin. 

Next, the Clarifying Lotion, this is meant to be an exfoliator and toner in one. At first, I was sceptical but I actually really like it. It does smell quite alcoholic but it doesn't cause irritation or discomfort to the skin; I apply it to a cotton pad then sweep it across my face and neck. I find that this deep-cleans my pores and acts to further mattify the skin. The final step is the Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel- this is super hydrating without saturating the skin and has a matte finish. What I most love about the moisturiser though, is that it's just one for both day and night- no messing about with thick and heavy night creams for me! All in all, I love this set and my skin has never been so good. It's blemish-free, mattified and my pores are cleaner than ever before!

When I went for my check-up, I inevitably tried out some more products! I asked for a product to help reduce the size of my pores and the Clinique lady tried the Pore Refining Solutions Correcting Serum on me. Oh-me, Oh-my I have found a Holy Grail product here my friends! Then she tried a number of their foundations on me and gave me a 5day sample of the Even Better Foundation in the lightest shade. I also tried their High Impact Extreme Volume Mascara (mouthful) and it literally gave me massive wow-lashes in a couple of strokes. I also bought a full-size of the moisturising gel as this is the product I'm going through the quickest. This Clinique adventure is becoming an expensive habit but hey, it's working wonders for my skin so far! Have you tried any Clinique products worth the hype?


2 comments:

  1. Sounds great! I've always wanted to try Clinique skin care :) Think I might give the 3 step system a go once I've used up all my skin care! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd honestly really recommend it! It's no where near as expensive as I thought it was going to be either. Let me know how you get on if you do decide to go for it! xx

      Delete