Tuesday, 14 May 2013

My Clinique Skincare Challenge.


Clinique Wash Away Gel Cleansing Gel; Clinique Custom-Fit 3-Step Skincare System for Oily Skin.

I wasn't looking for a new skincare routine but I know the one I'm using at the minute isn't working great for me. Now I'll be the first to admit that I'm not mega strict with my skincare routine, often not following a full routine in the morning and not worrying if I miss a night every once in a while. But I am the first person to complain that my skin is oily and pore-riddled. So when I saw this Clinique 3-Step Skincare starter kit for a bargain £20, I thought I'd give it a go.

My first praise of Clinique is their 'skincare diagnosis' system. One of the lovely Clinique ladies sat me down and asked me questions about my skin- what my main concerns are, what the texture feels like etc- and then discussed why my skin acts the way it does, showing me some lovely GCSE-style diagrams of skin. She then pulled some products that she thought would be suitable for me and showed me how to use them, demonstrating on the back of my hand. Luckily for me, my products were available in one of the £20 starter kits. The lovely lady booked me in to see her again in a fortnight to make sure the products are working for me so I'm determined to be good and try it all out properly. 

So what does the kit contain? Step 1 is the Liquid Facial Soap which is for use after cleansing and removing your makeup- this removes any dirt and lathers-up to clean the skin. Step 2 is the Clarifying Lotion, I initially thought this was a toner but it actually is the exfoliation step where you sweep this across your face on a cotton pad. Step 3 is the Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel which hydrates whilst keeping the skin matte and soft. Now this kit is meant to last around 1month, used morning and night, with each product being 50ml with various full sizes available for each product. I also opted for the Cleansing Gel as the lady felt that my cream cleanser might not be ideal for my oily skin. So I'll keep you posted on my progress but so far so good! Have you ever tried any Clinique products?

No comments:

Post a Comment