Thursday, 31 January 2013

100 Day Challenge: Week 4 Update.

[image from Google]

I don't know what to say ladies except that I've failed. I could write an essay and go into a million and one reasons why I cracked but at the end of the day, they're all just excuses. It feels really weird writing this because it feels like I've failed you all or like I've been cheating on you and I genuinely feel bad but I just couldn't do it. I got to the end of the week last week and I was tired, fed up and needed cheering up. And I bought stuff. I did, and I'm not going to deny it. I went into Boots and set myself a tame £30 budget and spent £25 on myself. There, I've said it. 

One thing I've struggled most with on this challenge is not having any products to review for my blog. Unlike some of the more established bloggers taking part in the challenge, I don't receive products from PR companies so all my reviews are of products that I've spent my own money on. Now during this challenge, I wasn't able to do this so I really was struggling. 

So, I'm going to make a proposal: I'm going to continue with the challenge but to help me along with my blogging, I'm going to set a £30 a month budget for products to review. Personally, I think this is really reasonable and it's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy less than I'd spend in an average month before the challenge. I don't know if this is cheating in any of your eyes (please let me know what you think, in a nice way!) but I really want to continue with the challenge as is it saving me a fortune and I was, on the whole, finding it nice to be part of the challenge. Once again, I'll link the other bloggers involved below. This list is from Marvelle's Blog of Shadows (I hope you don't mind me copying this love) and if you're taking part and want to be added to the list, leave her a comment and I'm sure she'll add you on. Please let me know what you think of my new rule and if you've been struggling with reviewing products for your blog.

Sandra from TheBlackPearlBlog - update 1
Grace from allthatslap - update 1
Shona from freshbeautyxox - update 1 + 2 + 3 + 4
Alice from Bright Town Girl - update 1 + 2 + 3
Natalie from natalieroseanne - update 1 +2 + 3 + 4
Katie from Fashion & Beauty - update 1
Claudia from Beauty and the Chic - update 1 + 2
Linsay from Pandora's Beauty Basket - update 1 + 2
Christina from Tales from the Kingdom update 1 + 2 + 3
Sandra from Beauty Balm  - update 1 +2
Danielle from Floral Danielle 
Rina from Rina's Beauty
Kate from The Cats Meow - update 1
Lydia from Lydia Sparkles
L&M from CSI Beauty Blog - update 1 + 2 + 3
Samantha from Tiny Paint Pot update 1
Bean from Sparkles and Rock
Gemma from Gemma E R - update 1 + 2 + 3 + 4
Kelly from Kel Loves
Atia from Makeup Monologue - update 1 + 2
Melissa from Son & Star - update 1
Ayshe from Discovering Beauty
Safira Ali from Miss Stylicious 
Hannah from Hannah Marie Beauty - update 1 + 2
Ellie from Mantra Pixie
Evenlyn from We Were Raised By Wolves - update 1 + 2 + 3
Sam from Honey Go Lightly - update 1 + 2
Roisin from Brutal Fashion and Beauty - update 1 + 2 + 3
Georgina from Make Up Pixi 3 - update 1 + 2 + 3 + 4
Amy from Paintpotted - update 1
Ana Cristina from We All Think Differently - update 1 + 2
Gaelle from The Make Up Fairy - update 1
Sarah from Some Sparkle and Shine - update 1 + 2
Kerry from Girls Addiction - update 1 + 2
Laura from Laura's Haven - update 1
Hannah from Midnight Violets
Sandra from Just need my coffee (she is doing it for a whole year!!)
Vanessa from The Other VW - update 1
Georgina from Through these brown eyes
Talbs from Talbs - update 1
Sian from Quite Frankly She Said - update 1 + 2
Vanessa from The Other VW - update 1
Louise from Nekomentsu - update 1 + 2
Grace Louise from Grace Louise Beauty - update 1
Sharon from Stagazy eyes - update 1 + 2
Fuchsia Forest from Fuchsia Forest - Update 1
Emily Rose from Beauty, Fashion, Life - update 1 + 2
J from What J Loves - Update 1 + 2
Juyey from Juyey Bats - update 1 + 2
Amanda from Amanda's Blog - Update 1/2
Jasmine from Sweetaholic Beauty - Update 1 + 2

3 comments:

  1. I think that's a reasonable budget! I've decided to join the spending ban, mine has gotten out of control! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love. Oooo that's ace- good luck!! It'll be worth it in the end when we've got some pennies saved up xx

      Delete
  2. Aww :( I know its hard, when I broke my ban those two times I genuinely felt bad and like I had let people down. I completely understand that you need some content for your blog (thats why I still buy lush). If it helps maybe set yourself challenges that require you to go through your stash and find things to review, or if you need to buy new products then maybe find a steal of a bargain and share it with us :) If you ever need motivation just shout! :)

    ReplyDelete