Clarins Daily Energizer Cream (£20 from Clarins).
I've been using this moisturiser for some time now but haven't got round to reviewing it. I was more than happy to continue using the lovely No7 Beautiful Skin Day Cream for Normal/Oily Skin (mouthful) but my boyfriend's mum kindly got me this Clarins moisturiser with some points she'd accumulated over the years. I've always held Clarins in that unreachable expensive high end product group that I've never really considered using. I've been to spas where they've used Clarins products on me and they've left my skin feeling really nice but I've never felt compelled to buy them for myself. The Daily Energizer range is marketed at the 20-30 age group boasting benefits such as radiance boosting, hydrating and minimising imperfections. The main active ingredients in this range are vitamin C which boosts cellular activity, alchemilla which reduces excess oil keeping the skin matte and red currant which is super hydrating.
The moisturiser itself is a peachy toned rich cream which melts into the skin beautifully. It has a subtly sweet, luxurious scent to it which you couldn't mistake for anything other than a high-end product. This moisturiser is immensely hydrating, too much so in fact for my oily skin which I find a little disappointing seeing as though one of it's main active ingredients is meant to be mattifying. I think this moisturiser would be great for ladies with dry/normal skin because it really softens and hydrates the skin, but for me, it's just not the one. Although the glass packaging makes the product look more expensive, I'm always frightened of smashing it as I'm really clumsy- it's also pretty heavy so it's not that ideal for travel. The moisturiser is £20 for 30ml which isn't great value for money in my opinion; especially when you compare it with the No7 Day Cream which is £12.50 for 50ml. Alas, this isn't the cream for me and tbh, I can't wait to finish it off so I can get back to my No7 Day Cream. Are you a fan of Clarins products? Let me know what you think!
No comments:
Post a Comment