Monday, 31 December 2012

2012 Favourites: Part 1.

I thought instead of doing a December Favourites post, I'd do a 2012 Favourites instead. I've split the post into two parts- part one will focus on beauty and hair products and part two (coming soon) will feature makeup. I've had so many favourites this year but I've tried my very hardest to whittle it down to these products. Enjoy!

Face:
Soap & Glory Peaches & Clean Deep Cleansing Milk: I love everything about this cleanser: the packaging; the scent; the formula and, most importantly, the results. This cleanser deep cleans my skin, banishing any dirt or makeup, as well as calming and controlling any blemishes. It leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth and clean and a little goes a really long way- I'm still on my first bottle! 

Superdrug Oil Balancing Serum: This is a product that I miss when I stop using it; without it my skin becomes oily during the day and my makeup begins to fade away. With it, however, my skin it matte and fresh throughout the day. It's a bargain product but, for me, it really does the job.

Clinique 7 Day Scrub: I didn't want to like this because I can't really afford to replace it.; but I love it (alas!). It's not at all harsh on the skin but still cleanses and removes any dead skin or dirt. I also find it quite hydrating as it's a cream based exfoliator. I try and use it twice a week and find it to be really great for keeping my skin soft and smooth.

No7 Beautiful Skin Day Cream for Normal/Oily Skin: I started using this moisturiser from it's launch earlier in 2012 and I loved it: it's super light and hydrating on my oil skin whilst keeping it matte and smooth throughout the day. It's also got SPF15 and UVA protection which are big positives for me as I'm paranoid when it comes to sun damage. I've not been using this over the past few months as I've got a Clinique moisturiser to use up and I can tell you now that I'm missing using this soooooooooo much! It's just perfect for my skin type and I can't wait to get back to using it.

 Body:
Soap & Glory Whipped Clean Shower Butter: I'm super lazy when it comes to body moisturising and exfoliating and general messing about but this product it just everything I want in a tube. It looks amazing, it smells so nice it's unreal and it leaves my skin feeling so soft and smooth I can't wait to have a shower and use it again! I also think it's a bargain at £8 for 250ml as a little goes a real long way. Soap & Glory, I salute you and your time saving products! 

Hair: 
Batiste Dry Shampoo in Cherry and Lace: I honestly don't know how I lived before Batiste. It's a fringe saver as it saves me washing my hair everyday and it also adds texture to 'just washed' hair if I'm wanting to back comb or style it. Lace and Cherry are my personal favourites as I like their scents and packaging (let's not kid ourselves here). 

Mark Hill Turn Up The Heat Protection Spray: I bought the mini sized bottle of this to try out and fell inlove! It protects my hair from heat damage without leaving any residue, scent or texture behind on my hair. A little goes a long way so it's cost effective and I love the packaging. I don't dry my hair without this any more ladies!

Perfume:
Ed Hardy Born Wild EDT: I could have chosen loads of perfumes for my 2012 Favourites but I couldn't kid myself that this wasn't my overall favourite. I only started wearing this perfume at the start of 2012 and I've already been through two bottles and have two more waiting in the wings. It's sweet and floral and lasts all day. I love the traditional flash design on the bottle and I never leave home without it! It's a bit pricey at £36 but I can honestly say I've never paid full price for it- watch out for those Boots fragrance sales!

So there you have part one of my 2012 Favourites! The next post will feature my makeup favourites from this past year. Please comment me with any links or let me know what you're favourites were this year. Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment