Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation in Ivory (£5.99 from Boots and Superdrug).
Once again, I've gone and bought another foundation. I don't need one, I have plenty that I like and a select few that I love using but still I spend my money on new releases. But has it paid off this time? Rimmel have launched their new Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation; not to be confused with their original formula Stay Matte Foundation which I've never personally tried. I like the packaging, it doesnt look at all high end but why would it when its less than a tenner? I love that its in a tube rather than a pump or glass bottle because you have ultimate control over how much you dispense.
As with most matte products, it claims to give a shine-free finish for oily skin, whilst covering pores and lasting all day. So does it deliver? Why yes it does! As the name suggests, the foundation has a super light, air-whipped mousse type consistency which blends into the skin and sets like a powder. Now I'm not a fan of the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation because I find it drying and flakey with not very good coverage. But this Rimmel formula is a dream on my skin- it blends in super smoothly and covers all my problem areas from pores, to redness, to spots. It completely evens out my skin tone and keeps and shine at bay throughout the day. I personally find that it looks just as good at the end of the day as it does at the start. Now, I doubt this is a good choice for people with dry skin or for anyone who wants a light coverage. This is deffo a hero product for me and I can't believe it's oly £5.99!
In a nutshell: My new favourite foundation- the ultimate high street matte finish full coverage foundation.

aw this sounds great! I'll have to try it when the time comes to get a new foundation :)
ReplyDeleteI'm a massive fan of the Stay Matte powder and never thought to try out the foundation too. Great review lovely, it sounds like a lovely foundation to use x
ReplyDeleteKirsty | Behind These Closed Eyes